Smoky fire breaks out at Narragansett home

WPRI/ Justin White

NARRAGANSETT, R.I. (WPRI) — A family of four was forced out of their home by flames early Friday morning.

The smoky fire broke out just after 1 a.m. on Secluded Drive.

Officials tell Eyewitness News the family in the home and their pet were able to make it out of the home after being alerted by their smoke detectors.

The family was unharmed, but three firefighters suffered minor injuries. Officials said they were treated at South County Hospital and were released.

The home was severely damaged and could be a total loss, according to officials.

Firefighters said the flames started in the basement and appears to have been electrical.

Comments are closed.