Students evacuated from JWU dorm

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The evacuation of a dorm on the campus of Johnson and Wales early Thursday morning was actually due to a discharged fire extinguisher.

Campus police initially told Eyewitness News there was a small fire in Snowden Hall around 2 a.m. However, school spokesman Ryan J. Crowley later said there was no fire. Instead, he said someone discharged a fire extinguisher, which triggered the building’s fire alarm.

Students were allowed back into the building after it was deemed safe a short time later.

 

Comments are closed.