This morning in the Backyard Barbecue, Chef Janet Rock from Dunkin’ Donuts, is making Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast Coffee Tomato Sauce, Skirt Steak marinated in Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Original Blend Coffee and Trifle with Dunkin’ Donuts Chocolate Cake Donuts and Iced Coffee.
Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast Coffee Tomato Sauce
12 plum tomatoes, peeled & quartered
5 garlic cloves, smashed
1 small Dunkin’ Donuts Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Dark Roast Iced Coffee (remove excess ice)
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded (you can add more seeds if you like it spicy), diced into small pieces
3 T. olive oil
1 T. olive oil to finish with at end of the cooking process
1 large yellow onion, diced into large pieces
2 T. tomato paste
1 t. Marmite or Vegemite (you can substitute 1/2 c. Baby Bella mushrooms)
1 chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce
1/2 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cut the vegetables and place all ingredients in a roasting pan except the 1 tablespoon of olive oil for the finish.
3) Place roasting pan in the oven and roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until nearly all of the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are evenly roasted.
4) When done, remove from oven and purée in a food processor until smooth.
5) This recipe can be made a day in advance. Serve at room temperature with the beef.
Skirt Steak marinated in Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Original Blend Coffee
2-3 lbs. Beef Steak such as sirloin strip, skirt, hanger or whichever you prefer
1 Small Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Original Blend coffee (remove any ice in the cup)
2/3 c. Asian Black Bean Sauce
1/2 c. tamarind paste or tamarind chutney
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1) Combine all of the ingredients except the beef. Mix well and place in a large zip lock gallon bag.
2) Add the beef to the marinade and refrigerate overnight until you are ready to grill.
3) Grill the beef to your preferred level of doneness, and enjoy!
Trifle with Dunkin’ Donuts Chocolate Cake Donuts and Iced Coffee
6 Dunkin’ Donuts Chocolate Cake Donuts, cut into bite size pieces
1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 small Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Dark Roast Coffee with cream and 1 Turbo shot
2 pints fresh raspberries, pureed
1 pint fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces
1/4 c. sugar
1c. whole milk
1. Using the milk and 1 cup of the Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Dark Roast Coffee with cream and turbo shot, make the pudding mix. Refrigerate this for an hour to setup before assembling the trifle.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend the raspberries until smooth. Strain the seeds out by pouring the blended raspberries through a strainer. Set aside until you’re ready to assemble the trifle.
3. Add the sugar to the strawberries and allow to sit for 1 hour or more until you are ready to assemble the trifle.
4. To assemble the trifle, you can use individual serving dishes or assemble in 1 large serving bowl.
This is a layered dessert. Start with a layer of the raspberry purée on the bottom of the bowl. Next, add a layer of the donut pieces. Tuck them in close together. Next, add a layer of the strawberries with some of the juice from the berries. Next, add a layer of the chocolate pudding. Repeat until you have used up all of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours to allow the layers to come together. This can be done the day before.
5. Serve and enjoy!