Man stabbed allegedly over scuffle with 11-year-old boy

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (WPRI) — A 38-year-old Attleboro man was held Monday after he was accused of stabbing an older man — because the older man had allegedly knocked over the suspect’s 11-year-old son at a football game.

David Spencer was arrested about 1:00 a.m. Saturday, after Attleboro police said a man was stabbed about 9:45 p.m. the night before on Pleasant Street. The 52-year-old male victim had multiple stab wounds to his stomach, and had been assaulted by multiple parties, police said. Rescue crews rushed him to Rhode Island Hospital in Providence for treatment.

According to the Attleboro Sun Chronicle, Spencer reportedly told officers when he was arrested, “What would you do if someone knocked over your son?”

The stabbing had been about an hour after the football game incident, according to court documents cited by the paper.

Spencer is charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon causing bodily harm, and assault and battery. According to the District Court clerk’s office, he was held on $20,000 cash bail and is due back in court June 20.

Another suspect in the attack, Ryan Parent, 18, was arrested later Saturday morning. Police charged him with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and obstruction of justice. The Sun Chronicle reported he’d been accused of kicking the victim, and was released on personal recognizance.

Police are also seeking a third suspect who has not been named.

Comments are closed.