QUINCY, Mass. (WPRI) — Stop & Shop has issued a voluntary recall of a number of Atkins bars. The supermarket chain says the products could potentially be contaminated with Listeria, which can cause listeriosis.
The uncommon, but potentially fatal disease can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. The disease can be more serious for pregnant women, and people with compromised immune systems. Stop & Shop says it has not received any reports of illnesses.
The following products have been pulled from store shelves:
- Atkins Day Break Cranberry Almond Bar (5 ct.), 6 oz., UPC 63748005506 with Best By Dates from 9/27/2016 to 9/29/2016, from 10/19/2016 to 10/21/2016, from 12/9/2016 to 12/11/2016, 2/25/2017, from 3/28/2017 to 3/30/2017, or from 4/25/2017 to 4/26/2017
- Atkins Meal Cinnamon Bun Bar (5 ct), 8.5 oz., UPC 63748005925 with a Best By Date of 12/14/2016
- Atkins Snack Triple Chocolate Bar (5 ct.), 7 oz., UPC 63748003540 with a Best By Date of 4/27/2017
- Atkins Meal Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bar (5 ct.), 8.5 oz., UPC 63748002566 with Best By Dates from 10/21/2016 to 10/22/2016, 11/10/2016, or from 3/30/2017 to 4/1/2017
- Atkins Day Break Chocolate Hazelnut Bar (5 ct), 7 oz., UPC 63748005532 with Best By Dates of 10/23/2016 or from 12/16/2016 to 12/18/2016
- Atkins Snack Caramel Double Chocolate Crunch Bar (5 ct.), 8 oz., UPC 63748003505 with Best By Dates from 12/15/2016 to 12/16/2016
- Atkins Day Break Peanut Butter Fudge Crisp Bar (5 ct.), 6 oz., UPC 63748005502 with Best By Dates from 9/30/2016 to 10/1/2016 or from 4/29/2017 to 4/30/2017
Customers who purchased these products should throw out any uneaten bars, and bring receipts to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Those looking for additional information on the recall may call Atkins Nutritionals Customer Service at 1-855-201-4611. In addition, customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at 1-800-767-7772