NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — New Bedford’s three beaches on Clark’s Point are making final preparations for the summer season, city officials said Tuesday.
Season beach parking passes are already on sale. The City Parks, Recreation and Beach Department says passes can be purchased at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Parks Recreation & Beaches office – 181 Hillman Street, Building 3
- City Clerk’s office at City Hall
- Traffic Office in the Elm Street Garage
- Andrea McCoy Recreation Center (open until 8 p.m. weekdays, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays)
Season passes cost $5 for New Bedford residents, $20 dollars for residents of the Greater New Bedford area (Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Lakeville, Marion, Mattapoisett, Rochester, Taunton and, Westport), and $50 for non-residents.
One-day parking passes go on sale June 25th, the same day that lifeguards go on duty. The costs are as follows:
- New Bedford residents: $1 for East and West Beaches, $5 for Fort Taber.
- Non-residents: $10