We’re talking Facebook! Although the site is still considered the king of the social media game, there are some reasons that you may not love it so much these days.
An article recently sited five problems with being so “connected”:
- “Facebook enables companies to track your movements online”, meaning getting your personal information.
- “Your private messages aren’t really private”, those messages are actually used for targeting ads.
- “Social media encourages oversharing and it’s easy to post things you shouldn’t.
- “Posts that won’t stick around forever are often better”, this is an argument for snapchat users, where posts automatically delete after 24 hours.
- “Data aggregation can have negative effects”, meaning the keywords picked up around you. For example: things your friends post can clump you into a group that may not accurately represent you.
What do you think? Do you like Facebook?