Discover Newport brought us Chef Chris Kleyla of Statesman Tavern to show us how to make Smoked Bluefish Pate.
- 1 lb. brined, apple wood smoked bluefish fillets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 each lemon zest
- 1 each lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- ½ teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Season with salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently fold together with a large spatula. Season with salt. Serve on fresh baguette or good quality cracker.