SCITUATE, RI (WPRI) – A Scituate man was arrested Friday by members of the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force (HIDTA) for marijuana distribution and weapon charges, Rhode Island State Police Col. Steven O’Donnell announced.
According to state police, Dean Ciarlo, 31, of Colvin Street in Scituate, was arrested after detectives authorized a search warrant at his home.
The following items were seized:
- Approximately eight pounds of marijuana /marijuana edibles, and Butane Honey Oil (BHO)
- $4,520 in cash
- Packaging materials and equipment used to manufacture/produce BHO
- Two handguns and five long guns, including three assault rifles
- 86 tablets of Oxandrolone- (Anabolic Steroid)
Police took Ciarlo into custody and he was charged with the following:
- Manufacture/ possession with intent to deliver- marijuana
- Manufacture/ possession/ delivery of Schedule I- (Marijuana) in 1 -5 Kilos
- Possession of a firearm while committing a controlled substance violation
- Possession of a controlled substance, Schedule III – Anabolic Steroids
Police said Ciarlo was in possession of a state medical marijuana patient/ caregiver card but exceeded the possession limits.
Ciarlo was arraigned in Third Division District Court and ordered held without bail at the ACI until a bail hearing on July 14.