On Friday, holistic health coach Katie McDonald of bnourished joined us in the kitchen to show us how to make Tuna “fish”.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked in water overnight or a few hours prior
- Juice from 1-2 lemons
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- A touch of water for texture
- Pickles, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Celery, diced
- Carrots, diced
- Onion, diced
- Kelp powder
- Dill, chopped or use 1 tsp dry
- Discard water.
- Rinse sunflower seeds.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pulse in food processor.
- Create texture you desire but I like mine to be somewhat chunky as opposed to totally smooth.
- Add water to create a wetter consistency.
- Remove from food processor and place in a bowl.
- Add in whatever you want from above list.
- Serve in a sandwich, on a collard or cabbage leaf.
- Add tomatoes and sprouts if desired.