Discover Newport brought us Sous Chef Deborah Burka, of Pineapples on the Bay, to show us how to make their Swordfish Tacos with Mango Salsa and Citrus Marinade.
Swordfish, cubed 24oz
Citrus Marinade 8-10 oz
6 inch Flour Tortillas 8 each
Red Cabbage, shredded 4oz
Mango Salsa 32 oz
Lemon Wedges 4ea
1. Place raw swordfish in a Ziploc bag.
2. Add marinade and refrigerate for at least one hour, but preferably overnight.
3. Heat a saute pan and add swordfish along with marinade when pan is hot.
4. Cook swordfish all the way through.
5. Meanwhile, grill the tortillas (or heat in a separate saute pan if preferred) on both sides
6. Place red cabbage on the bottom of each tortilla, top with cooked swordfish and mango salsa.
7. Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Lemon Juice 1 Cup
Lime juice 1 Cup
Orange juice 1 Cup
Pineapple juice 1 Cup
Shallots, diced 2 Ea
Coriander, ground 2 Tsp
Black peppercorns 1 TBSP
Kosher Salt 2 TBSP
Rice Wine Vinegar 1/2 Cup
Canola Oil 2 Cup
Honey 1/4 Cup
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Store in quarts until ready to marinate fish. Label, date, refrigerate.
Mangoes 12 oz
Diced tomatoes 8 oz
Jalapeno peppers 2 oz
Red onion 10 oz
Lime juice 2 oz
Mango puree 3oz
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Small dice the mangoes, peppers, and onion.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Store in quarts, label, date, and refrigerate.