TV Maitre d’ Joe Zito and Chef John Granata from Post Office Cafe joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to make Nutella Stuffed French Toast with Bananas Foster and Toasted Almonds.
- 8 Slices of Thick-Cut Italian Bread
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. Butter or Pan Spray
- 1 jar Nutella
- 4 Bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cruzan Rum
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Toasted and Sliced Almonds
- Powdered Sugar (for garnish)
- Whipped Cream
- Combine eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and milk and whip together.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or electric skillet on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Dip bread into mixture and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Spread Nutella liberally on 4 pieces and top with the other 4.
- Place on a platter.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the next 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add bananas. Mix for 2 minutes and add brown sugar.
- Pull pan off the heat and add rum. (Careful, as rum is combustible.) Mix together and return to heat.
- Reduce until thick and pour over French toast. Top with almonds and whipped cream.