Chef Nick Rabar of Avenue N and The Panty, joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Autumn Pumpkin and Porcini Ragu.
- 1lb Gnocchi, cooked Al Dente
- 1 cup Sugar Pumpkin, small dice
- 1cup Porcini Mushrooms, small dice
- 1/4 cup white beans
- 1/8 cup chopped pancetta
- 1/2 ea. Small Onion, small dice
- 3ea. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6ea. Thyme Springs, minced
- 1/4 cup Arugula, minced
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 1/2 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Demi Glace
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- As needed Parmesan Cheese
- As needed Salt and Pepper
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add olive oil and sauté onions, garlic, pumpkin and mushroom and caramelize until soft.
- Add wine, reduce by half.
- Add Demi Glace, tomatoes, cream, butter, thyme and a pinch on salt and pepper
- Reduce until thick, add pasta and serve.
- Top with parmesan if desired.