Chef Janet Rock from Dunkin’ Donuts joined The Rhode Show Wednesday to show us how to make Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew Stroganoff.
- 3-4 lbs. Beef Chuck Roast
- 3 Tbs. All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. & 1 tsp. Smoked Hot Paprika (can use any variety of paprika)
- 3 oz. Tomato Paste (Hhint: any leftover tomato paste can be frozen in a zipper bag for use later)
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup large Diced Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1 small Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew Coffee – black
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour. Brown on all sides in a heavy duty Dutch oven or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove beef from pan.
- Dice the onion, celery, and mushrooms. Add to the pan and sauté over medium heat. When these are tender, add the tomato paste and paprika and cook that for a couple of minutes longer.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and mustard, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew Coffee and beef broth. Bring to a simmer. Add meat back into the pan. Liquid should almost cover the meat. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Next, cover with the lid and place in the oven. Braise the dish for 3 – 4 hours at 300 degrees. The meat is done when a fork can pull it apart. This can also be put into a slow cooker, following your slow cooker instructions.
- Throughout the cooking process, check the meat a couple of times to make sure it is cooking evenly. If some of the meat is not in the liquid, rotate the meat so that all parts are cooked in the liquid at some point.
- When the meat is done, remove it from oven and skim any apparent fat from the top of the meat. Using a spatula, lift the meat from the liquid into a bowl. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and return the meat to the liquid.
- Add the sour cream, stirring to incorporate. Serve the stroganoff over noodles.