- 1 ea. Red Beet
- 1 lb. Goat Cheese (save some for garnish)
- 3 oz. Egg Yolks
- 3.5 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Flour (a little extra for working afterwards)
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Beet Puree
- 1 tbsp. Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp. Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Season beets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in pan with a little water and cover with aluminium foil. Cook for about 30 minutes until cooked through. Puree with a touch of water.
- Combine flour, Parmesan, beet puree and salt. Mix together until color is folded in. Fold goat cheese and egg yolks together. Mix until dough is formed. Let rest for 30 minutes. Roll out until desired size, blanch in boiling water and shock in ice water.
- Slice baby beets thin on mandolin and put in ice water.
- Garnish with goat cheese, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, baby beets and micro basil.