Officials blame Pawtucket fire on a dryer

pawtucket dryer fire

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WPRI) — At least six people were displaced from a duplex in Pawtucket Monday after a dryer caught fire.

City firefighters responded to the Charlton Avenue home at about 3:30 p.m. after residents reported seeing smoke inside.

Pawtucket Fire Captain Dave Cairrao said the flames could not be seen from the outside, but crews found the dryer on fire in the basement.

The home is now unlivable, according to Capt. Cairrao.

One firefighter was transported to Memorial Hospital for possible smoke inhalation.