Chef Max Grippo of Luxe Burger Bar joined us Wednesday to show us how to make one of the finalists of the 6th Annual Build Your Own Burger Contest: The Rhode Islander! It was created by Michael Dexter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 ea. 6 oz. Wagyu Beef Patty
- 1 ea. slice Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ea. Hot Wiener, sliced in half
- 4 oz. Hot Wiener Sauce
- 2 oz. Bermuda Onions, chopped
- 2 oz. Mustard
- Sprinkle of Celery Salt
- 1 ea. Sesame Bun
- Cook Wagyu beef to desired temperature.
- While burger is cooking, also boil hot wiener until cooked through.
- While burger is cooking, chop 4 ounces of Bermuda onions.
- While burger is cooking, prepare hot wiener sauce.
- Place slice of cheddar cheese on top of burger once close to desired temperature. Allow the cheese to fully melt.
- Once all items are finished cooking, place Wagyu beef on bottom bun, top the beef with the bot wiener sliced in half. Top the hot wiener with mustard, hot wiener sauce, Bermuda onions and celery salt (in that order). Place top bun on all ingredients.
Luxe Burger Bar
5 Memorial Blvd. Providence, RI 02903
- Sunday – Thursday: 11:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Bar open until 1 a.m. Sunday – Thursday
- Bar open until 2 a.m. Friday – Saturday