Chef Todd May from Twin River joined us in the kitchen Thursday to show us how to make Mache Salad.
- ½ case Mache Greens
- 3 oz. Pignole Nuts, toasted
- 4 oz. Chevre
- 2 large Shallots
- 20 oz. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Champagne Vinegar
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Toast pine nuts until golden brown (350-degree oven, 8 – 12 minutes). Allow to cool.
- Place parchment paper on sheet pan and spray with pan release. Spread shredded Parmesan in 5” circles. Place in 375-degree oven for 10-12 minutes until melted and browning. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes. Form cheese discs over cups/bowls and allow to cool.
- Add Mache to mixing bowl. Add crumbled Chevre, toasted pine nuts & shaved shallots.
- In separate mixing bowl, add EVOO and whisk in champagne vinegar to emulsify (will separate quickly).
- Place Parmesan bowls on plate.
- Lightly hand mix salad mixture while slowly adding vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper and lightly toss.
- Place in Parmesan bowl and serve.