Don DePetrillo, baker and owner of The Original Italian Bakery, and master baker Rob DiVozzi joined us in the kitchen Wednesday to show us how to make Pumpkin Pie.
- 7 Eggs
- 3 lbs. 5 oz. Pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- 2 3/4 cups Milk
- 2 cups Evaporated Milk
- Mix eggs and pumpkin purée together until blended.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and add to pumpkin and egg mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour in milk and mix until pie mixture is smooth.
- Pour into pie shells and bake at 380 degrees for approximately 40 to 50 minutes or until pie is set and no longer liquid in the center.