PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — After 14 months as a fugitive, a man wanted in connection with a double shooting in Providence is in custody.
Providence police confirmed the US Marshals Service tracked down Arturo Alonzo Mora, 26, early Thursday morning in the South Bronx area of New York City.
Mora is accused of shooting two men in a parking lot on Broad Street Aug. 30, 2015. According to police, he opened fire on the pair as they were trying to help Mora’s sister who said she’d been attacked by another man in a road rage incident. Police said the bystanders did not have anything to do with the attack on Mora’s sister and were mere bystanders.
Providence police said the Marshal Service’s NY/NJ Regional Fugitive Task Force was able to track Mora down by acting on leads gathered by Providence police and US Marshals in Rhode Island.
Mora is being held by NYC police until he can be brought back to Rhode Island.
A second suspect, Eric Diaz, was arrested last year after being located in Connecticut and persuaded to surrender.