Marni MacLean Karro-Owner of Jack’s Snacks a dog bakery, joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make Wheat Free Apple and Peanut Butter Ruffins (Muffins for Dogs).
Makes about 9 Ruffins.
- 2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Hill’s Orchard Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown Bear Peanut Butter
- 1 Aquidneck Farm Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Rhody Fresh Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix oat flour and baking powder together in a stand mixer on low speed.
- Turn off mixer and add apple sauce, peanut butter, egg, oil and milk.
- Start on slowest setting gradually increasing speed to medium.
- Using an ice cream scoop; fill a greased muffin pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
Variation, try replacing the apple sauce with one small banana.
Cut out some of the work by buying Jack’s Snacks Wheat Free Ruffin Mix.