The Cocktail Guru, Jonathan Pogash, shows us to mix up some Thanksgiving inspired drinks.
Gobble Gobble Aperitif
- 1 oz. Gin
- 2 dashes The Bitter Truth celery bitters
- 1 tsp. creamed corn
- 3 oz. sparkling wine
METHOD: In the bottom of a mixing glass, muddle the corn. Add remaining ingredients – except for sparkling wine – with ice and shake. Strain into coupe glass and top off with the sparkling wine.
GARNISH: celery slice on rim of glass
- 1 oz. pecan infused Old Pultney single malt scotch whisky
- 1/2 oz. Van Gogh Dutch caramel vodka
- 1/2 oz. Don Ciccio Nocino
- 2 dashes nut bitters
METHOD: Stir all ingredients very well with ice and strain over a large ROCK into a rocks glass.
GARNISH: crushed sea salt/sugar/pecan mix
The Dinner Finale
- 1 heaping tsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 oz. cream
- 1 oz. Perfect Puree pear
- 1 1/2 oz. Pierre Ferrand 1840 cognac
- 1/4 oz. maple syrup
- 2 oz. Melvin IPA beer
- pinch sea salt
METHOD: Add ingredients to a mixing glass with ice – except for beer – and shake very well.
Strain over ice into a highball glass. Top w/ beer and stir briefly.
GARNISH: freshly grated nutmeg and pear slice
Give Thanks To Berries!
- 1 oz. Perfect Puree blueberry
- 1 oz. Perfect Puree cranberry
- 1 oz. Good quality lemonade
- 3 oz. Soda Water
METHOD: Shake first three ingredients with ice and strain over ice into highball glass. Top off with soda water.
GARNISH: fresh berries