Executive Chef Andy Teixeira of Newport Vineyards joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make some tasty side dishes for your Thanksgiving feast.
Autumn Panzanella Salad
- 4 Cups Sage Croutons
- 2 Cups Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Cups Diced Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Red Onion Finely Sliced
- 4 Cups Baby Mustard Greens or any Hearty Fall Green
- As much as You Like Local Chevre
- 1/2 cup warm bacon cider Vinaigrette
- Toss all Ingredients in a mixing bowl. Let all the flavors marry then enjoy.
Warm Bacon Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup Diced Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Minced Shallots
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Sage
- 1/2 Cup Cider
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1Tbs Agave
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Render bacon in skillet till crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and leave fat
- Add shallots and cook till translucent
- Add in Cider and Vinegar to deglaze pan
- Add agave and sage then whisk in oil
- Season to taste
- Add bacon
- Keep warm till ready to use
- Vinaigrette can be reheated as needed
- 2 Cups Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Eggs
- 8oz. Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- Mix together pumpkin, eggs, butter & water beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour check at 50 minutes and if too brown cover with foil.
- Cool and glaze and decorate with cherries