Executive Chef Jonathan Baptista of Camille’s joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Chorizo E Mele.
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup thick sliced chorizo
- 1/2 cup diced Golden Crisp apples
- 1 tbsp Chefanod sage
- 1/4 lb plus 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp fine dice chives
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup blended oil for frying
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and white pepper for seasoning
- Heat chicken stock in pot
- Slowly whisk in polenta until it pulls away from the edges. Whisk in 1/4 lb butter, gorgonzola, and chopped chives, season with salt and pepper
- Lay out on parchment paper on 1/2 sheet tray to cool. When cool slice into thick cuts and gently fry in 1/2 cup blended oil. Set aside
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in pan, before brown add chorizo than render and crisp with sage, add apples and caramelize.
- When chorizo is crisp and apples are caramelized add maple.
- Arrange cuts of polenta on plate and finish with chorizo apple mixture