Chef Carlos DaMoura of Fred & Steve’s Steakhouse joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Jumbo Lump Crabcakes.
- 1 pound of crabmeat
- 1 cup of finely chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 1 pinch of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 3oz of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1oz of Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 pound of butter
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound of bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except shallots, butter and eggs.
- In large pan add butter and shallots, sautéed until golden brown.
- Cool it down and add it to the large bowl with the remaining ingredients, except oil.
- Shape into cakes.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, when the oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes and sear until browned, should be about 1 minute for each side
- Remove the cake and place on sheet pan in a 350 degrees oven for about 8 minutes, or until fully hot.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce.