Chocolate Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- 2 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ½ Cups of Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for rolling and coating
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
Egg Nog Ice Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cups sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 ounces of bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the chopped chocolate, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, ground spices, and salt,
- Beat together the oil and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until the sugar is dissolved. Add the eggs and honey; mix until combined. Next, add in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Place some sugar in a bowl or container. Drop balls of dough into the sugar; toss coating all of dough and put on the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 12-15 minutes, or until puffed up and crackled on the top. Place on cooling racks to let cool.
For Ice Cream
- With a whisk, beat together egg yolks and sugar until the yolks are at ribbon stage, or very light in color and the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Next, in a small saucepan, combine milk, cream, and nutmeg and combine over medium heat, bringing to just a slight boil. Make sure to stir constantly.
- Temper hot dairy mixture into bowl of lightened egg yolks, by slowly drizzling in a small amount at time while whisking the mixture.
- Return the entire contents of bowl back to pot and heat on medium stirring the whole time. Bring up to 160 degrees.
- Take off of the heat and whisk in the bourbon.
- Set over ice and water bath to cool.
- Cover and set in refrigerator for at least 4 hours
- Once it has cooled, pour in an ice cream maker and spin until just past soft serve. Place in freezer for 4 hours and enjoy