In the kitchen this morning, Chef Jennifer Behm-Lazzarini from Red Fin Crudo & Kitchen made Churrasco and Lobster with Sweet Plantain Mash and Tomato Escabeche.
- Sweet Plantains
- Skirt Steak
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Red & Yellow Bell Pepper
- Pimenton Espelette
- Micro cilantro
- Frisee Lettuce
- Sherry Vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
For Churrasco (seared steak)
- Braise steak for 4 hours at 350 degrees in stock with your choice of spices.
- When done, set aside.
- Before serving, quick sear steak on both sides.
For Sweet Plantain Mash
- Peel plantains and cut into 3 inch pieces.
- Flash fry the plantains and mash them.
- Add butter, parsley, peppers and salt and pepper to taste.
For Tomato Escabeche
- Mix chickpeas and cherry tomatoes in a bowl
- Add 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar and 1/2 Tbsp oil
- Add 2 cloves of shaved garlic
- Add a 1/4 of a bunch of parlesy, chopped
- Add 2 pinches of pimento espelette
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Use a large pot and boil water with some salt
- Flash boil lobster for about 6 minutes
- Split lobster tail and cook in pan a little longer
- Plate everything up…Steak, sweet plantain mash and lobster with tomato escabeche on the side