Father charged with neglect in infant daughter’s death

Ryan Beeley and Willow Beeley (Warwick Police Department/Facebook)

WARWICK, R.I. (WPRI) — A Warwick father has been arrested and charged following the death of his 7-month-old daughter.

Ryan Beeley, 37, is facing a charge of cruelty to or neglect of a child. Police said more charges against Beeley are possible.

The infant’s mother, 34-year-old Mariah Ramos, returned home Tuesday night after an undetermined amount of time and found the child unresponsive, according to police.

The child, identified as Willow Ramos, was transported to Hasbro Children’s Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

An autopsy will be performed to determine her cause of death.

“There were no immediately visible injuries, but we’re not going to comment on the condition of the child,” Warwick Detective Capt. Jamie Calise said at a news conference Wednesday.

Police said Beeley apparently suffered a panic attack and was taken to the hospital for treatment, saying he was “traumatized by what happened.”

Willow Ramos (Facebook photo)
Willow Ramos (Facebook photo)

He and Ramos, who are not married, lived together at the home with the child, according to police.

The mother is not currently facing any charges.

The incident remains under investigation. Police said they’ve executed search warrants at the family’s home and have called in the building inspector, since there appeared to be housing violations in the duplex, including possible electrical problems.

“We will tell you that the home was in relatively deplorable condition,” added Calise.

Maj. Brad Connor said officers visited the home back in August for a well-being check.

“There were some other family members who had showed up to the residence at the time and had questioned their ability to take care of the 6-week-old,” Connor recalled.

“At the time, the home was orderly,” he added. “The child was being taken care of, there were no signs of abuse or neglect, and DCYF was notified.”

After being treated at the hospital, Beeley was released into police custody at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Later in the day, Beeley was arraigned in Family Court and ordered held on $50,000 surety bail. He’s due back in court on March 16.

Police tell Eyewitness News Beeley was arrested 10 times between 2003-2013.