In the kitchen, Chef Susan Alper joins us from Clean Plate making Curry Chicken Poutine.
For the Sauce
- 2 T Curry Powder (or to taste)
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 inch piece fresh Ginger, rasped
- 3/4 cup Onions, diced
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 bunch Scallions, chopped
1 1/2 T vegetable oil
2 Garlic Cloves, pressed
Directions for Sauce
- Sauté onion on medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor.
- Add 1/2 of the scallions, reserving the rest for garnish.
- Cooked chicken, white or dark your preference
- Amount again your preference
- Unseasoned frozen steak fries. Again amount depends on your appetite.
- Cook them well. If they are soft they will get soggy from the gravy.
- Cheddar cheese curds. (Hard to find, a substitute is mozzarella curds.)
See above video to see how it all comes together.