Storage shed goes up in flames at Lincoln YMCA

LINCOLN, R.I. (WPRI) — Fire officials are investigating after a storage shed at the Lincoln YMCA was reduced to ashes early Monday morning.

The fire broke out just before 4 a.m. at the facility on Breakneck Hill Road.

The building stored lawnmowers and gardening equipment that staff used to keep up the fields at the YMCA.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the rest of the campus, which was able to open as normal Monday morning.

The YMCA said insurance will cover the cost of replacing the shed and the equipment.