TV Maitre d’ Joe Zito brought Chef John Granata from Johnny Granata’s Restaurant and Bar to “The Rhode Show” on Thursday morning to make Rigatoni with Spicy Eggplant Sauce.
- 1 lb. Rigatoni
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lg. eggplant diced
- 1/4 lb. Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 sm. Bag fresh spinach
- 1/2 small onion (precooked & caramelized)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. hot pepper seed
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Liberally salt the water and add pasta.
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil on medium flame. Add eggplant and Prosciutto together.
- When prosciutto starts to render, add spinach, tomatoes and garlic.
- Lower heat and simmer until a sauce forms.
- Add caramelized onions, hot pepper seed and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Add al dente pasta and Pecorino and toss together.
- Let sit for 3 to 4 minutes and serve.