For the Meatballs
- 16 oz. Ground veal
- 16 oz. Ground beef
- 4 ea. Minced fine green onion
- 4 oz. Minced fine cilantro
- 8 cloves Minced fine garlic
- 1 Tbl. Finely grated orange zest
- 2 fl oz. Oyster sauce
- 1 fl oz. Vietnamese chile paste
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 oz. Liquid Pasteurized Eggs
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 4 fl oz. Canola oil
- 8 oz. Cornstarch
- 30 ea. Bamboo skewer
For the Green Curry Sauce
- 1 oz. Green Curry paste
- 1 ½ cups Coconut Milk
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the oil, cornstarch, and the wooden skewers. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Take the meat mixture and roll into 1 ½ oz. meatballs. Store on a covered parchment lined sheet pan and place in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, roll the meatballs in the cornstarch. Place the oil into a sauté pan and turn on the flame.
- Once the oil is hot sear the meatballs until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place a skewer through the middle of the meatball and serve as directed.
- In a sauce pot combine the curry paste and the coconut milk. Heat until hot and blend in the green curry paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss meatballs in sauce and place on plate of your choosing.
- Stick bamboo skewers into meatball for inverted lollipop