In the kitchen, presented by CVS Health Charity Classic Crave RI, Chef John Granata from Johnny Granata’s Restaurant and Bar is here making Orecchiette con Cavolfiore e Salsiccia, which is pasta with cauliflower and sausage. He’s joined by TV Maitre d’ Joe Zito.
- ¾ lb. hot Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 lg. head of cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta or any small tubular pasta
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano grated
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook cauliflower for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon to a bowl while keeping the liquid boiling.
- After cauliflower is removed, cook pasta in the same water until al dente.
- In a large sauté pan, cook sausage in olive oil on medium heat until it starts to brown slightly.
- Add garlic then cauliflower. At this point add pasta and about 4 or 5 tablespoons of pasta water. Adjust salt.
- Add cheese, parsley and a good amount of cracked black pepper.
- Toss together and serve.