BARRINGTON, R.I. (WPRI) – Bruce Cassidy, Roger Clemens and Bernhard Langer were some of the top names that took to the course on Sunday at the CVS Health Charity Classic Pro-Am tournament.
Monday is the actual pro golf tournament with teams of three competing for the 19th Annual CVS Health Charity Classic title.
- COMPLETE COVERAGE & INFO: CVS Health Charity Classic on WPRI.com
- FOLLOW THE TOURNAMENT: Live Scoring | Facebook Live
- PHOTOS: 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic Day 2 | 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic Day 1 | 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic Pro-Am
Sunday’s festivities started at 7 A.M. where Roger Clemens teed off at hole 15 during the morning round. The second round of the day began at noon with the Pro-Am team Larry Merlo, Sam Kennedy, Bruce Cassidy, Colin Montgomerie and Patrick Little teeing off at hole 1.
The two day golf tournament is being held at the Rhode Island Country Club and on Monday, June 19 the winners of the Pro-Am morning and afternoon rounds will participate in Mondays tournament, which starts at 8:00 A.M. and will feature professional golf parings.
The professional parings and tee-times are as follows:
- 9:30 A.M. – Billy Horschel, Lexi Thompson, Colin Montgomerie.
- 9:42 A.M. – Jon Curran, Paula Creamer, Mark O’Meara.
- 9:54 A.M. – Keegan Bradley, Brooke Henderson, Billy Andrade.
- 10:06 A.M. – Bill Haas, Morgan Pressel, Jay Haas.
- 10:18 A.M. – Smylie Kaufman, Cristie Kerr, Brad Faxon.
- 10:30 A.M. – Tony Finau, Gerina Piller, Bernhard Langer.
Professional golfer Bernhard Langer has won the Masters two times so far but this is his first time playing in Providence. He said that he’s “thrilled to be here and support the local charities.”
Since its inception in 1999, the Charity Classic has donated more than $20 million for Southern New England nonprofit organizations that provide vital funding to a range of programs serving children and families.
If looking to attend Mondays tournament, single day tickets are on sale at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic for $10 each. Children 17 and under are free with a ticketed adult. For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441 or visit cvshealthcharityclassic.com.
WPRI 12 is a proud annual partner of the local PGA charitable event and we’ll bring you real-time live coverage of the action.
CVS Health Charity Classic Day 1
CVS Health Charity Classic Day 1 x
Photos: Dream On Me Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress Recall
2017 RI Wreaths Across America
Getting Your Holiday Table Ready
Photos: IKEA Dresser Recall
Photos: Smoky Fire on West Street in Providence
Photos: New York Cosmetic Factory Fire
Photos: Factory explosion in Indonesia
“The Clock Man” lifted to new permanent home