WEATHER WEEK: In-Depth Coverage on Summer Threats »
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Another day of soaking rain led to some localized street flooding on Thursday, but the impacts were fortunately far less severe than those brought on by Wednesday’s storms.
Communities in southern Rhode Island saw the brunt of the street flooding on Thursday. The heavier rain has moved out for the most part, but there might be some lingering showers and drizzle Thursday night.
In addition to much cooler temperatures, the Pinpoint Weather Team expects we could see some scattered showers and mist on and off throughout the day on Friday.
- Looking Ahead: Pinpoint 7-Day Futurecast »
- Track It: Live Pinpoint Doppler 12 Radar »
- ReportIt! Send us your storm photos, videos »
According to the WPRI.com Power Outage Database, Wednesday’s storm knocked out power to thousands of customers in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. If you lose power, you can call the following numbers:
- National Grid – 800-465-1212
- Eversource – 800-592-2000
- People who depend on electricity-powered life support equipment, such as a respirator, should let National Grid know. To register as a life support customer, call the company’s New England Customer Service Center at 1-800-322-3223.
- Never touch downed power lines, and always assume that any fallen lines are live electrical wires. If you see one, report it immediately to National Grid or your local emergency response organization.