Chef Joe Intrieri from Scorpion Bar at Patriot Place joined us to share their recipe for their signature chicken wings.
• 2 oz Sugar in the Raw
• 1 tbl Kosher Salt
• 1 tbl Mexican Dust
• 1/2 Spanish Onion, Diced
• 1 tsp Thyme
• 1 cup Water
• 10# Chicken Wings
Mexican Dust (use to your liking)
• 2 tsp Thyme
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 2 oz Smoked Paprika
• 4 oz Spanish Paprika
• 2 tsp Ground Fennel
• 4 tsp Ground Cumin
• 2 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Dry Mustard
• 1 oz Kosher Salt
• 1 tsp Oregano
1. Rinse Chicken Wings with cold water to remove any excess juices from packaging.
2. Fully submerge the wings in the marinade and refrigerate for 24hours prior to cooking
3. Set oven at 350*F
4. Drain off marinade and place wings side by side on a baking tray
5. Cook in oven for 25minutes at 350*F
6. For finishing. Turn oven up to 450*F for 7 mins
7. Sauce Wings and enjoy!
Jalapeno Garlic Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
2. Put the garlic in to aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the garlic up in the foil. Cook for 10mins.
3. De-seed and fine chop jalapeños peppers
4. Add garlic, jalapenos, lime juice, salt and honey in a blender
5. While blending ingredients slowly add in oil to emulsify ingredients
6. Add to Scorpion Bar Wings and Enjoy!
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.