Chef Thomas Hunolo of Primecut Modern Steakhouse joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Field and Turf: Fruits of the Harvest dish.
Don’t miss their Rhody Deal!
- 1 1/4 lbs of thinly sliced beef tips
- 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Bunch of pearl onions
- Pumpkin gnocchi – mix mashed pumpkin, flour, parmesan, ricotta and egg, turn it out, no kneading, roll into ropes then cut
- Roasted oyster mushrooms
Instructions for cooking Gnocchi:
- Line a colander with 4 sheets of paper towel. Spread the fresh mashed pumpkin or canned puree onto the paper towel then leave for 5 minutes.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin and remaining Gnocchi ingredients in a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix well – it should be a soft dough.
- Dust a work surface with flour, tip dough out, sprinkle with flour then pat into log shape.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Roll into 1.7cm / 2/3″ ropes, then cut into squares
- Optional: Use a fork to press down lightly on the cut side of the gnocchi.
- COOKING: Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Scrape gnocchi onto parchment paper, then tip into water. Cook for 1 minute or until all the gnocchi rises to the surface (means it is cooked), then drain.
Instructions for Goat Cheese Cream Sauce:
- Combine olive oil, wine, and chicken broth in a saucepan; simmer over medium heat until reduced by about 1/2.
- Add the parsley, goat cheese, salt and pepper, and garlic.
- Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until sauce is creamy and thickened to your liking.
Instructions for vegetables and beef:
- Wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high.
- Snap off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus.
- In the pan, 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the asparagus and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- In the pan used to cook the asparagus, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high until hot.
- Working in 2 batches of the beef tip.
- Cook, without 1 to 2 minutes, or until browned on the first side.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until just cooked through and tender.
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.