Tugas Restaurant Owner/Executive Chef Sandy Batista joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Baked Stuffed Shrimp.
- Extra large Shrimp (16/20) or head on prawns
- Minced onion, garlic and red pepper
- Minced raw shrimp, and scallops
- Crushed Ritz crackers
- Melted butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper or Red pepper flakes
- Italian Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Thick bacon
- Tugas signature Moçambique sauce
- Make your bacon and let cool. Cut into small bits.
- In a large frying pan sauté garlic onion and pepper in some butter.
- Once it is light brown, add in minced shrimp and scallops and season to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix crushed Ritz crackers, melted butter, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, bacon, cooked shrimp and scallops, spice of choice to taste.
- Let cool.
- Scoop into small balls and stuff your raw shrimp or prawns.
- Bake for 25-30 min. @375 (Cooking time may vary depending on your oven)
- Once shrimp is cooked and stuffing is golden brown, remove from oven to let cool.
- Top with Tugas Moçambique sauce (available for purchase) or butter, dust with bread.
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.