Executive Chef Joe Cozza of Fred and Steve’s Steakhouse joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Fred and Steve’s Paella.
- 1 cup Whole grain brown rice
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 2 oz White Onion diced
- To taste Kosher Salt
- To taste Ground Black Pepper
- To taste Granu
- Lobster Reduction
Lobster Reduction Ingredients:
- 1 oz Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Fred and Steve’s Lobster Bisque
- 1/2 oz Old Bay
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch Chopped Parsley
- 1 oz tabasco
- lated Garlic
- 2 lb Lobster, cut in half, cleaned, with shells broken for easy eating
- 2 U10 Sea Scallops
- 2 8/12 Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ea Littleneck clams
- 4oz Calamari, Rings Sliced
- 4 oz Chicken Breast, Large Dice
- 4 oz Pork Loin, Large Dice
- 2 oz Olive oil
- 4 oz Lightly seasoned clam stock
- Slowly warm chicken stock and steep saffron. Do not bring to a simmer you need to give the saffron a chance to color and flavor stock.
- In sauté pan heat onion in olive oil and slightly cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in brown rice and deglaze with saffron stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and slowly cook until rice is fully cooked.
Lobster Reduction Instructions:
- In sauté pan heat garlic in olive oil, cook lightly until golden brown and add in lobster bisque
- Bring to a simmer and season with remaining ingredients.
- Keep warm and hold to finish dish
- Heat sauté pan with olive oil.
- Add in chicken breast and pork, sear on all sides.
- Add in clams and the lobster open side down and sear on all sides.
- Deglaze with clam stock, cover and finish cooking seafood until clams open.
- Add in calamari, finish with lobster reduction and bring together.
- In large bowl or platter place down a bed of rice.
- Place lobster shell side up in the center of rice, this will be the main part of the dish.
- Add in remaining seafood and meat around the lobster arranging half on each side.
- Stir lobster reduction and drizzle over entire dish.
- Serve Immediately.