Owner/Executive Chef Bob Ferarra of Ferrara’s Hometown Bar and Grill joined us in The Rhode Show kitchen to show us how to make their Clams Zuppa.
Ferrara’s was the featured restaurant for Friday’s Rhody Deals. Click here for more information.
- 2 doz little neck clams- washed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oil oil
- 1/2 cup mixed onions
- 8 cloves whole fresh garlic
- 6 anchovies
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- In a small stock pot, cook onions and garlic in olive oil on low heat for 1-4 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add in the anchovies and parsley and goof for 3 more minutes until anchovies turn into a paste.
- Add tomato paste, water and white wine and cook on low heat.
- Put clams in pot and saute for another 3- 4 minutes or until the clams open.
- Put in serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley and basil leaves
The information, advice and answers displayed in The Rhode Show section of WPRI.com are those of individual sponsors and not WPRI-TV/Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WPRI.com presents this content on behalf of each participating Rhode Show sponsor. Sponsored content is copyrighted to its respective sponsor unless otherwise indicated.