PROVIDENCE, R.I (WPRI) — The weather outside might not be frightful right now, but temperatures are expected to drop throughout the night into Tuesday.
- Read More: Pinpoint Weather Blog »
- Stay Safe: Tips for driving on snow or ice »
- More Helpful Resources: Winter Weather Guide »
- Power Outages Map & Database: Power Outages Map »
Sunday morning, a rain and snow mix moved across Southern New England, favoring mostly rain on the south coast. Providence and areas in the northern part of Rhode Island received a mix of snow and freezing rain, with most areas receiving an inch or two of snow.
- Pinpoint Traffic: Real-Time Updates and Live Traffic Cameras »
Most of the main roads seem to be in good shape, with winds helping dry off the melting snow. There is potential for some black ice on sidewalks, parking lots and side roads overnight into Tuesday.