Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for the people and things we have. Here are some resources to help you have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Millions of people – whether by plane, train or automobile – travel for the Thanksgiving holiday. Here are some resources to help you get to your destination safely and on time.
- Real-Time Updates: Pinpoint Traffic »
- Before You Fill Up: WPRI.com Gas Tracker »
- Check Flight Status: WPRI.com Flight Tracker »
- Other Modes: Amtrak | Peter Pan Bus | Greyhound »
- Download: Pinpoint Weather App | Eyewitness News App
The turkey and all of the trimmings are a big part of the holiday.
- In the Kitchen: Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey »
- In the Kitchen: Thanksgiving Sides »
- Dessert: Sick of the same ol’ pumpkin pie? Try these pumpkin desserts »
- Important: Food safety tips to avoid getting sick this Thanksgiving »
- Important: 10 Thanksgiving foods dangerous for pets »
Shopping the Sales?
The day after Thanksgiving – or Black Friday – traditionally starts off the holiday shopping season.
Whether you plan on lining up to shop at midnight or plan on shopping online during Cyber Monday – here are some valuable resources to help you find the best deals and also keep your money safe from thieves.
- Store Hours, Deals and More: Black Friday Database »
- Black Friday: Shopping Strategies »
- Ring Up Savings: Smartphone apps help save money »
- Photos: Presidential Thanksgivings through the years »
- Photos: Macy’s parade balloons through the years »
- Photos: Thanksgiving Turkeys become pets »